Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Foster MOM

The Bean Trees By: Barbara Kingsolver
Page 162

"I can't answer these questions," i said.
"Are you the parent or guardian?"
"I'm the one responsible for her."
"Then we need the medical history before we can fill an encounter form"
"But I don't know that much about her past," I said.
"Then you are not the parent or guardian?"
This was getting to be a trip around the fish pond.
"Look," I said. "I'm not her real mother, but I'm taking care of her now. She's not with her original family anymore."
"Oh, you're a foster home." Jill was calm again,...

This is really amazing. Every time you got to doctors office they hassle you with a bunch of paper work and you have to answer questions that you don't even understand. When the lady thinks that Taylor is a foster mother then suddenly everything is okay and not real paper work is required. Sometimes, things just fall through the cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment